BASIC LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Our Paramedic Practitioner, Alyesha Phillips, provides hands on training which includes Basic Life Support with AED, choking and anaphylaxis. She works as a Paramedic for the London Ambulance Service, as well as here at Kingswood. Alyesha also lectures at Oxford Brookes University, including both practical and theoretical teaching of Advanced Life Support. She has BSc (hons) in Paramedic Science from the University of Hertfordshire and is studying for her masters degree in Advanced Healthcare Practice at St Georges University of London.
- The location of the training is flexible and can either take place at Kingswood Health Centre in our large training room, or within your own practice.
- Training can be offered both in or out of surgery opening hours (many practices have found that undertaking the training during the lunch/administrative hours has proved convenient.)
- We have our own equipment including mannequins, airway management and training defibrillator. Alyesha will also go through your own resuscitation equipment with you to ensure everyone has the correct kit and knows how to use it.
- Training can be adapted for both clinical and non-clinical staff.
- It is a CQC requirement for all practice staff to have BLS with AED training.
- The training follows the 2015 Resuscitation Council Guidelines which is the gold standard for resuscitation research in the UK.
- We offer a competitive price and Alyesha is able to travel within a 2 hour radius.
One practice shared some feedback:
'Just wanted to say thank you so much for coming to us and delivering the resuscitation training. The GP's said it was the best that we've ever had! Alyesha clearly works well with the staff and understands what training is needed and how to deliver it.'
If you are interested in receiving your BLS training session with Alyesha, please contact us here or telephone the surgery on 01173012080.